Description - Our Strong Rubber Tiles in the designer series colors offer the same high-quality construction and durability as our standard strong rubber tiles. However, they are available in many more color options and are only offered in center cut tiles. These interlocking tiles are primarily used in wall-to-wall installations, but they can be made into interlocking mats of various sizes by simply cutting off the interlocking tabs on the edges where necessary. These tiles appear virtually seamless once locked together and are backed with an industry-leading 5-year warranty. Like our standard strong tiles, these designer series rubber gym tiles can be used inside or out and offer a safe, anti-slip, and soundproofing floor tile solution.
Note: Our 8mm Strong Rubber Tiles - Designer Series are made in batches, which can lead to color variations when placing multiple orders. Due to this, we recommend ordering more flooring than is needed for mistakes, replacements, and future floor growth to keep your floor looking beautiful and consistent.
Material – These resilient interlocking floor tiles are constructed of recycled SBR rubber and high colored virgin rubber.
Size – 23” x 23” (Interlocked size - 23" x 23")
Thickness – 8 mm thick (approx. 5/16")
Weight – Each gym tile weighs approximately 8 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Our designer series Strong Rubber Tiles are one of our best-selling tile solutions available due to the wide range of color options that have been used in a variety of applications. The most common use of these tiles is general sports flooring. Some common examples include weight room flooring, as a resilient floor for use in home gyms, and as commercial rubber gym floor covering. Some other ways this flooring has been used successfully in the past include playroom flooring, interlocking dog kennel mats, and as a basement rec room floor system. These tiles truly offer a multi-use flooring solution where a shock-absorbing, anti-fatigue floor solution would be useful.
Available For Order - Ships between May 31 - Jun 21
Strong Rubber Tiles are very durable as well as easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance for interlocking gym tiles include:
- Vacuum any loose crumbs, dust or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasionally damp mopping with a mild soap and water solution. Recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of these interlocking tiles is very simple and usually done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your subfloor, so it is free of all dirt, grease, or debris.
- Start in one corner of the room with a corner tile and add border tiles outward along the adjacent walls.
- Leave the other two edges of the room open and fill in the rest of the room, adding center, corner, and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the open floor is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. We recommend leaving a gap along the walls roughly the tiles' thickness being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives aren’t usually needed since the weight of the product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, you can use some double-sided tape or mat tape around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.