Description - The 7mm Smooth Flex Tiles design is perhaps our most durable and versatile flooring tile with its industrial level thickness and variety of vibrant colors. This tile has a hidden dove tail interlocking design to guarantee a beautiful finish and a slip resistant surface. The hidden, dove tail interlocking system is also offers the highest level of water resistance and a very attractive appearance. In addition, Flex tiles are resistant to most chemicals, can withstand extremely heavy loads from vehicles, high levels of foot traffic and are easy to install.
||19-5/8" x 19-5/8"
||4.25 lbs per tile
|Car Jack Approved
Recommended Uses - The 7mm Smooth Flex Tiles have been used as commercial kitchen flooring, airplane hangar flooring, industrial floor covering, in laboratories, offices, church or school class rooms, and as temporary gymnasium flooring. 7mm Smooth Flex Tiles can even be used in areas where forklift traffic is found. We recommend the tiles be adhered to the sub floor for forklifts carrying more than a 1 ton load or if the tiles are exposed to direct sunlight or extreme temperature variations. These tiles typically work well in any area where an extremely durable, resilient flooring surface would be useful that is both attractive and easy to maintain.
Available For Order - Ships between Jun 30 - Jul 14
Our 7mm Smooth Flex Tiles are very easy to maintain. Cleaning of these flex tiles typically includes:
- Sweeping any loose dirt, dust, or debris from the vinyl floor tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the tiles with a mild soap and water solution. Some common soaps often used are dish detergents and tide laundry detergent.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light colored tiles and in most instances this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light colored tiles. In most instances this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 20” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 20” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Edging Installation Instructions
- Insert the tile into the groove.
- Next cut the transition strip to fit the desired area. You can adhere it to the subfloor if desired with a pressure sensitive adhesive.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.