Description - Our Smooth Flex Tiles feature a smooth, leather like pattern that allows these tiles to not only be installed in garages, but in virtually any room in your home. This tile features a hidden interlocking system that provides the highest level of water resistance, while giving you a solid clean look to your floor. These garage tiles, like our other flex tiles, offer resistance to most chemicals and solvents and also help prevent fatigue during long periods of standing. These modular tiles are also very easy to install, only needing a sharp utility knife to cut the tiles to fit your space. These tiles are also mold and mildew resistant which is perfect for areas that have water issues.
Note: Flex tile colors are produced in batches, which can lead to color variations in your order. All colors may present some color variation, but Black and Graphite can produce the most. These three colors can vary greatly between batches and thus it is recommended that you order more flooring than is needed for mistakes and replacements. This in turn gives you the greatest chance to keep continuity across your floor. Batching will also affect color variation between samples and your order with Black and Graphite showing the most variation.
Material - Smooth Flex tiles are constructed entirely of a proprietary blend of flexible virgin PVC that guarantees the most durable garage tile on the market. This custom blend tile also ensures that the tiles are flexible and have the anti-fatigue flooring qualities often associated with rubber flooring but also the durability, long life, and chemical resistance associated with PVC tiles.
Size - 20" x 20" (6 Tiles per case)
Thickness - 5mm
Weight - 4 Lbs. per tile
Recommended Uses - Smooth Flex tiles have been used successfully as a tile flooring option in entrance ways, as basement flooring, in laundry and utility rooms, as garage flooring, in rec rooms and bathrooms, in kid’s play rooms, dens, offices, locker rooms, and any other place where a decorative and easy to install floor tile option would be useful.
Available For Order - Ships between Feb 1 - 8
Smooth Flex Tiles are very easy to maintain. Cleaning of these flex tiles typically includes:
- Sweeping any loose dirt, dust, or debris from the vinyl floor tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the tiles with a mild soap and water solution. Some common soaps often used are dish detergents and tide laundry detergent.
- Due to each tile being coated with a protectant silicone sealant, the tiles may become scuffed or scratched during the installation process or while moving large objects. To help reduce the appearance of scratches or scuff marks we recommend using Armstrong’s Shine Keeper.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light colored tiles and in most instances this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light colored tiles. In most instances this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.