Description – Our Designer Series Slate Flex tiles provide you with the same great quality and benefits as our standard Slate Flex tiles but in a larger form. This beautiful collection of tiles features several colors that are to die for. From hardy Earth Tones to the Bright and Bold, we are sure you will find a color that will match any room’s décor. Since these interlocking tiles are made from flexible PVC plastic, they present a softer, warmer, and more comfortable alternative to natural stone or ceramic. Not only are our tiles built to look great, but they have also been built to last, being backed by an industry-leading Lifetime Residential Warranty.
||20" x 20"
||4 lbs per tile
|Car Jack Approved
Recommended Uses – Slate Flex Tiles - Designer pattern tiles have been used successfully in both commercial and residential spaces. These tiles are so versatile that they have been installed in living rooms, kitchens, garages, entryways, laundry rooms, playrooms, bedrooms, basements, utility rooms, dens, and much more.
Note: Flex tile colors are produced in batches, which can lead to color variations in your order. All colors may present some color variation, but Black, Dark Gray, and Light Gray can produce the most. These three colors can vary greatly between batches and thus it is recommended that you order more flooring than is needed for mistakes and replacements. This in turn gives you the greatest chance to keep continuity across your floor. Batching will also affect color variation between samples and your order with Black, Dark Gray, and Light Gray showing the most variation.
Available For Order - Ships between Oct 3 - 4
Designer Series tiles are low maintenance and easy to clean. Cleaning of these interlocking tiles typically consists of:
- Sweeping any loose dirt, dust, or debris from the vinyl floor tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the tiles with a mild soap and water solution. Some common soaps often used are dish detergents and tide laundry detergent.
- Due to each tile being coated with a protectant silicone sealant, the tiles may become scuffed or scratched during the installation process or while moving large objects. To help reduce the appearance of scratches or scuff marks we recommend using Armstrong’s Shine Keeper.
Note: This is not a stain-proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light-colored tiles and in most instances, this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light-colored tiles. In most instances, this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your subfloor so it is free of all dirt, grease, or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the subfloor 20” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 20” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.