Description - Who says that gym flooring has to be all black with some color fleck? Get a full-color gym floor at discount prices with our Gym Flex Tiles. Our Gym Flex Tiles are one of our most versatile flooring options we offer. These tiles are made from flexible PVC, so they are resistant to most household and vehicle chemicals making them great for garage gyms or as a garage floor. Since these tiles are less dense than our standard flexible PVC tiles, they will provide you with excellent shock absorbency making them great for dropping heavy weights on. Another great feature about these tiles is that they are virtually odor-free. One of the biggest complaints with rubber floors is that they smell. Well, with these tiles, smell won't be an issue. A 20-year warranty backs our Gym Flex Tiles.
Note: Flex tile colors are produced in batches, which can lead to color variations in your order. All colors may present some color variation, but Black and Dark Grey can produce the most. These colors can vary greatly between batches and thus it is recommended that you order more flooring than is needed for mistakes and replacements. This, in turn, gives you the greatest chance to keep continuity across your floor. Batching will also affect color variation between samples and your order with Black, Dark Grey and Light Grey showing the most variation.
Material – Constructed entirely of a proprietary blend of flexible PVC. This custom PVC blend also ensures that the tiles are flexible and have the anti-fatigue flooring qualities often associated with rubber flooring but also the durability, long life, and chemical resistance associated with PVC tiles.
Size – 20.5" x 20.5"
Thickness – 7mm
Weight – 5.33 Lbs. per tile.
Recommended Uses – Our Gym Flex Tiles are perfect for home or commerial use and have been used as flooring in home gyms, garage gyms, as garage flooring, in commercial gyms, as flooring for basements, as spare room flooring, in kitchens, as flooring in patios, and much more.
In Stock - Ships between Nov 19 - 21
Textured pattern interlocking floor tiles are easy to clean. Cleaning of these multi use tiles typically includes:
- Sweeping or vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the garage tiles with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
- Due to each tile being coated with a protectant silicone sealant, the tiles may become scuffed or scratched during the installation process or while moving large objects. To help reduce the appearance of scratches or scuff marks we recommend using Armstrong’s Shine Keeper.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light colored tiles, and in most instances, this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light colored tiles. In most instances, this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 20” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 20” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.