Description - Pre cut tough rubber rolls are an excellent choice for the home user looking for a low cost rolled rubber available in a variety of colors. These rolls ships out of both the east and west coast to aid in keeping shipping costs low and are backed by a 5 year warranty. In addition, these rolls have added color fleck compared to most rolled rubber solutions for a more colorful appearance.
Material – Virgin colored EPDM rubber fleck and recycled black rubber.
Width – 4 feet
Length – Available in 25 foot and 50 foot lengths. It is normal to receive extra inches on each roll as this allows for quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 1/4 Inch
Weight – 1.6 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses – Pre cut tough rubber rolls are designed for use in home gyms, as exercise and fitness flooring, as shock absorbent and sound insulating flooring under exercise equipment, as basement flooring, in pet care facilities, in lockers rooms where some spike protection might be needed, in children’s play rooms, and any other place where an non slip rubber floor solution with anti fatigue like cushioning qualities might be beneficial.
Available For Order - Ships between May 3 - 17
Tough rolled rubber is easy to clean. Maintenance of these rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming or sweeping any loose dirt, crumbs, dust, or debris from the rubber floor surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation