Description - Our mega rolled rubber flooring is ideal for extreme users such as Olympic motion weight lifters and power lifters. It is our most durable rolled rubber flooring solution and is designed specifically for areas where heavy free weights are used. This flooring can be found in many power lifting and body building gyms around the country and was designed for the most serious and demanding users. Combine that with our industry leading 5 year warranty on all of our rubber flooring products and it’s hard to go wrong when picking mega rubber rolls as your flooring choice. All of our mega rubber rolls are also precisely machine cut to guarantee a uniform and easy to install rubber flooring surface at discount level prices. These rubber rolls are also safe to use both indoors and out.
Material – Recycled rubber buffings and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks. Rubber buffings are the “Filet Mignon” of the recycled rubber industry due to the fact that they are the cleanest, strongest, and most consistent recycled rubber material available as compared to some of the low cost recycled crumb rubber alternatives available.
Width – Each roll is 4 feet wide.
Length – The rubber rolls are custom cut to your desired length free of charge provided that each roll length is 15’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 15’, 16’, 17’, etc. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 1/2 Inch
Weight – 3.0 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses –Mega rubber roll flooring can be found being used successfully in commercial weight rooms and as body building gym flooring. These rolls have even been used in Olympic training facilities in order to provide a safe, non slip flooring surface with extreme durability and shock absorption capabilities in order to protect sub floors from dropped weights. The mega rolls are also a popular choice for use around ice skating rinks where people may end up walking on the flooring with ice skate blades and in locations such as major league dugouts where metal spikes are commonly used.
Available For Order - Ships between Aug 21 - 28
Mega rolled rubber flooring is a cinch to clean. Maintenance of these rubber rolls typically consists of:
- Vacuuming any loose or dry crumbs, dirt, dust, or debris from the rubber rolls when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the rolled rubber flooring with a mild soap and water solution. Some soaps commonly recommended include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation