Description - The slate pattern tile design is perhaps our most decorative appearing floor tile as it mimics the look of natural slate tile flooring in a variety of vibrant colors. This tile has a hidden interlocking design to guarantee a beautiful finish and a slip resistant surface. These tiles also help prevent fatigue during long periods of standing since they are flexible and help provide some cushion under foot.
Material – Slate pattern tiles are constructed entirely of a proprietary blend of flexible PVC that guarantees a durable, vibrant, and attractive low cost floor tile solution. This material also ensures that the tiles are flexible in order to have the anti-fatigue flooring qualities often associated with rubber flooring but also the long wear life and chemical resistance associated with PVC tiles.
Size – 18" x 18"
Thickness – 0.216" (~5mm)
Weight – 4 Lbs. per tile
Recommended Uses – Slate pattern tiles have been used successfully as a tile flooring option in entrance ways, as basement flooring, in laundry and utility rooms, as garage flooring, in rec rooms and bathrooms, in kid’s play rooms, dens, offices, locker rooms, and any other place where a decorative and easy to install floor tile option would be useful.
Available For Order - Ships between Nov 28 - Dec 12
If ordering more than one color, the lead time is 6-8 weeks.
Slate pattern tiles are low maintenance and easy to clean. Cleaning of these interlocking tiles typically consists of:
- Sweeping any loose dirt, dust, or debris from the vinyl floor tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the tiles with a mild soap and water solution. Some common soaps often used are dish detergents and tide laundry detergent.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light colored tiles and in most instances this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light colored tiles. In most instances this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 18” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 18” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.