Description - Impact rolled runway flooring was designed to offer a gym flooring solution for users in need of extra shock absorption compared to regular rolled rubber gym flooring. This flooring is less dense than our standard rolled rubber gym flooring and is ideal for users who are doing plyometric work outs and other high impact exercise routines. This flooring is highly slip resistant and can be used outdoors temporarily as roll out protective flooring. These rolls are not usually recommended for areas where weight equipment and heavy exercise equipment will be used as they are not quite as durable as compared to our regular rolled gym flooring products. Even though these low cost rubber rolls are very economical, they are still backed by our industry leading 5 year warranty.
Note: For certain types of running and high intensity workouts, our Plyorobic rolls may start to break down and flake over time, creating a flooring surface that is non-ideal. For these types of exercises, we recommend the use of our standard rubber rolls which are more durable and better suited for these types of exercises.
Material – Recycled rubber buffings. This type of recycled rubber is the cleanest available and has the least amount of odor of any recycled rubber product available on the market.
Width – 4 feet.
Thickness – Available in 3/8" and 1/2" thickness.
Length – Available in 25 and 50 foot standard lengths.
Color – Black in general but may have some minor color flecks and variations. Weight
– 2.03 Lbs. per square foot for the 3/8” thick rolls and 2.91 Lbs. per square foot for the 1/2” thick plyorobic rubber flooring.
Origin – Made in the USA
Recommended Uses – Plyorobic rolled rubber flooring offers an excellent solution for use as plyometric training mats, and in high impact studios. This plyometric flooring solution can also be used where jumping and other high impact exercises are regularly performed and the extra shock absorption would be beneficial to helping prevent leg fatigue and/or injury.
Impact Rolls are very durable as well as easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance for these rolls include:
- Vacuum any loose crumbs, dust or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasionally, you will want to use a damp mop with a mild soap and water solution. Recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation