Description - 8mm (5/16" thick) custom cut Strong rubber rolls were designed to offer the perfect middle ground between the 1/4" thick home gym flooring rolls and the 3/8" commercial rubber flooring rolls. 8mm thick rolled rubber gym floor covering is durable enough to withstand all but the most extreme commercial users while simultaneously offering a low price point for home users who desire a little more than the 1/4" residential grade rolled rubber flooring. This thickness is our most popular do it all thickness and comes complete with an industry leading full 5 year warranty. Prices may vary between colors of the designer series due to varying costs in the raw materials to make each color however with our low price guarantee, you can sure to get your best deal from us right here at RubberFlooringInc.com.
Material – Recycled rubber and EPDM colored virgin rubber flecks.
Width – 4 feet wide / roll
Length – The rolls are custom cut to your desired lengths free of charge provided that each roll length is 15’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 15’, 16’, 17’, etc. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 8mm (Approx. 5/16")
Weight – Approx. 2.8 Lbs. / square foot.
Recommended Uses – 8mm strong rubber rolls in our designer series color are available in custom cut whole foot lengths 15 feet and over to help fit a wide variety of areas. These rubber rolls were originally designed to be used as a gym floor covering however these designer series colors have helped make the product work well for a variety of other uses. Some common places where these rolls of rubber have been used as a flooring surface include, as playroom flooring, as a basement flooring, in rec room and den’s, as kennel flooring in doggie day care centers, in utility rooms and mud rooms, as locker room flooring for sports teams, and in any other places where a shock absorbing resilient flooring solution would be beneficial. These rubber rolls also work well as a non slip flooring surface and work well over radiant heated flooring systems.
Available For Order - Ships between Jun 25 - Jul 2
8mm designer series rubber rolls are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of these rubber flooring rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dust, dirt, or debris from the rubber matting roll surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls of rubber with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation