Description - Our 5mm Rubber Rolls are a great economical solution for any light traffic area where anti-slip flooring is needed. These high quality rubber rolls look just like the commercial grade flooring you will find at your local gym but they are specially designed to meet the needs of the home owner. These high quality rolls come in 7 great colors and are as always they are backed by our industry leading 5 year warranty.
Material - Recycled rubber and EDPM colored rubber flecks.
Width - 4 feet wide per roll.
Length - Rolls can be custom cut free of charge at any length 15' or longer. Length needs to be in whole foot increments such as 15', 16', 17', etc.
Thickness - 5mm (Approx. 3/16")
Weight - 1.4 Lbs. per square foot
Origin - Made in the USA
Recommended Uses - 5mm Rubber Rolls have been successfully used in many applications. The most popular applications have been in light duty home gyms, personal training studios, basements, school locker rooms, art studios, and multiple other areas where anti-slip flooring has been needed.
5mm Rubber Rolls are very durable as well as easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance for these rolls include:
- Vacuum any loose crumbs, dust or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasionally, you will want to use a damp mop with a mild soap and water solution. Recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation